COVID Briefing: Changes to our visitor experience
Changes to the visitor experience
It’s been a challenging time for all of us during lockdown and all of us at Beale Wildlife Park are looking forward to welcoming you when you visit.
We have introduced new measures to keep you safe:
- If you are over 11 years old, please wear a mask in the Ticket Office, Gift Shop and Restaurant.
- We have now doubled the daily limit of visitors to the Park. The limit set is now more than an average day in July, August and September so there should be no reason to turn people away. Since we have been open we have only had to conduct a ‘one car in, one car out’ procedure once for around 45 minutes. As no pre-booking is available, we recommend that you check our Facebook page and twitter feed prior to visiting.
- We are passing out track and trace forms to all visitors. This form will ask you for your name, date, time in and planned time out, plus an email or telephone number. Completion of the form is currently voluntary but it soon may be mandatory. For more details as to why we are doing this click here.
- Due to narrow pathways, there are one way systems in operation in some locations. These are clearly signposted.
- Indoor parts of the Park including the Toddler Village and the Indoor Picnic area are closed.
- All of our play areas (including the paddling pool) are now open. We are asking all visitors to use the hand sanitiser available before and after playing in these areas, observe social distancing and these areas are used at your own risk.
- There is a takeaway service and order point in the restaurant. You are welcome to sit inside the restaurant to enjoy your meal.
- There will be controlled access to the Gift Shop.
- The narrow-gauge railway will be running but, to enable social distancing, the number of places in carriages have been reduced.
- We will be taking payments by debit/credit cards only.
- Some facilities in the visitor toilets will be limited due to social distancing measures.
- Toilets are deep cleaned with anti-viral products prior to opening and at regular intervals during the day.
All of our animal enclosures, apart from our beehives, are accessible and there is plenty to see and do throughout the Park including a new Toddler Trail and a number of family discovery trails are planned throughout the summer.
If you have any of the following symptoms, please do not visit:
- High temperature.
- New continuous cough.
- Loss or change to your sense of smell or taste.
If you are unsure then please do not visit. If you become unwell during your visit, please alert a member of staff.
Please follow social distancing guidelines and remain 2 metres away from non-household members.
We are taking the health and well-being of all who access the Park very seriously, so in order to ensure the health and well-being of all, we have taken the following steps to ensure your safety:
- Increased cleaning across the Park.
- Regular hand-washing by staff.
- Hand sanitiser available to all.
- Social distancing measures in place.
- One-way system introduced in parts of garden.
- Relevant PPE for those staff members who require it.
- Sneeze screens installed at relevant points.
We hope you enjoy your time with us.
Beale Wildlife Park is now open on a 'first come, first served' basis. Please read our Covid Briefing before setting out.